Makes 36 to 40 meatballs
These meatballs are a lighter, healthier alternative to Buffalo wings and to regular meatballs. Drizzle with hot sauce and serve.
- 2 ½ to 3 cups Glutino Buffalo style Pretzels® (to yield 1 ¼ cups of ground pretzels)
- 1 ½ pounds ground chicken, preferably all dark meat
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free Louisiana red pepper hot sauce*, more to coat the cooked meatballs
- 3/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray the surface with vegetable spray. Set aside.
- Place half the pretzels in the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely ground. Remove and repeat with remaining pretzels. Remove and chop the garlic until finely minced.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, pretzel crumbs, garlic, eggs, and hot sauce. Mix well. Add the blue cheese and stir until well combined. Roll the mixture into 1 1/4-to-1 1/2-inch meatballs, forming about 36 meatballs.
- Place meatballs onto prepared baking sheets and bake for 20 minutes, or until all sides are browned. Pour 1 to 2 tablespoons of hot sauce in a shallow bowl. Add half the meatballs and toss to coat with hot sauce. Repeat with remaining meat balls.
- Serve immediately.
- * Frank’s Redhot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce® is moderately spicy and gluten-free. But many other brands are also safe. Adjust the heat to your liking. is moderately spicy and gluten-free.