- 1 1/2 cups sweet onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 8 oz dairy sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil
- In a skillet cook onion in hot butter 5 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- In a food processor, combine cooked onion, sour cream, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper Cover & process until nearly smooth.
- Transfer to bowl. Stir in basil.
- Cover; chill 1 to 24 hours to allow flavors to meld.
- Makes 1 ½ cups