- 1 cup GF all-purpose flour
- 1 cup GF cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon Xantahn gum
- 2 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk –add 1 teaspoon vinegar to make sour milk
- Grease pan with Crisco- I use a cast-iron skillet to bake it in.
- Heat Oven to 400°.
- Mix all ingredients and pour into hot greased pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until brown , Enjoy!
I got the following recipe from the web years ago, but I have changed it a little. It is a great cornbread and even my non-gluten-free friends like it ! This is not a sweet cornbread even though it has 2 tbsp of sugar.