- 1 Cup of dry quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tsp cinnamon + more for sprinkling
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup warmed fat-free milk for drizzling (non-dairy milk is fine)
- 1 gala apple, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Combine quinoa, water, cinnamon, and vanilla in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover and let cook for 15 minutes until quinoa can be fluffed with a fork.
- Divide cooked quinoa between four bowls then stir in applesauce, raisins, and pour in warmed milk.
- Top with fresh cut apples anad pecans and a dash of cinnamon.
Makes servings. You can divide the recipe to make 2 servings.