- 2 cups gluten-free biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 warm water (110-115 degrees)
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- For Glaze
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 Tablespoon butter, softened
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl mix the first 8 ingredients.
- In another bowl whisk the water, butter, applesauce and vanilla until blended.
- Add to the dry ingredients, stir until blended
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a food safe plastic bag, fill with batter. Pipe into a 6 cavity doughnut pan coated in cooking spray. Filling cavities three-fourths full
- Bake at 325° for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter
- For glaze – in a small sauce pan, bring apple cider to a boil, cook until liquid is reduced to 3 Tbsp.. Transfer to a small bowl, stir in butter until melted. Stir in enough confectioners’ sugar to reach glaze consistency.
- Dip each donut halfway, allowing excess to drip off.
- Place on wire rack. Let stand until set.
yield 10 doughnuts