- Baked Potatoes:
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 8 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 12 Tbsp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and cut into 1/4” pieces
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- To prepare the baked potatoes, preheat the oven to 425° and move one of your oven racks to the oven center.
- Measure out four pieces of aluminum foil (be sure they’re large enough to cover each potato) and pour a teaspoon of oil in the center of each piece of foil. Place the potato in the center of the foil and rub it with the oil until completely coated. Evenly sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper over each potato. Tightly wrap the potato and repeat with the remaining potatoes. Bake for 1 hour, or until fork tender. (The baking time will vary based on the size of your potatoes.)
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, unwrap them, and let them cool for 6–8 minutes. Cut off the top third of the potato. Then, use a spoon to carefully scoop out the inside flesh, leaving at least a 1/4” border. (Your potato should resemble a bowl or boat.)
- To prepare the loaded breakfast potatoes, reduce the oven temperature to 350°.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on the bottom of each potato bowl. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheddar cheese in each potato. Sprinkle half of the bacon and half of the green onions evenly between the four potatoes.
- Then gently break an egg into each potato bowl, taking care to not break the yolk. Sprinkle a little salt and ground black pepper on top of the egg. Top each potato with the rest of the bacon, green onions, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese.
- Place the filled potatoes onto a baking sheet and bake for 25–30 minutes, depending on how you like your eggs.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and serve immediately.