- 1/2 cup finely chopped 97%-fat-free hickory-smoked ham (about 4 oz)
- 2 cups chopped red potatoes (3/4 lb)
- 2 medium onions, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free cholesterol-free egg product or 3 whole eggs plus 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- Heat 10-inch nonstick skillet over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add ham; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned. Remove ham from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- To same skillet, place potatoes, onions, bell pepper and 1/2 cup of the milk. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; cover tightly and simmer 5 to 6 minutes or just until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix eggs and egg whites, the remaining 1/4 cup milk, the salt and pepper until well blended.
- Stir ham and egg mixture into potato mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook without stirring for 10 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat; remove cover (eggs will not appear completely cooked).
- Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until egg mixture is set and cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges to serve.