- 1/2 cup Fenster Flour Blend© (see bread section)
- 2 Tablespoons sorghum flour
- 2 Tablespoons garbanzo, garfava or navy bean flour
- 2 Tablespoons quinoa flour
- 2 Tablespoons millet flour
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk or milk substitute
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add buttermilk, egg and vegetable oil on top of the dry ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients until well blended.
- Pour onto hot griddle or waffle iron and cook for 2-4 minutes, flipping pancakes halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings.
Makes approximately 8 4-inch pancakes or 5 large waffles.
- You can substitute any of the following flours for the quinoa or the millet flour: buckwheat, teff or amaranth.
- For a simpler recipe with fewer ingredients, increase the sorghum and bean flours to 1/4 cup each and omit the quinoa and millet flours.
- You can also use most commercial GF flour blends instead of the Fenster Flour Blend© with good results.
- For quicker pancakes in the morning, mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl the night before; then add the liquids in the morning. You’ll have fresh waffles or pancakes in less than 10 minutes.