- 1 ¼ cups Glutino Gluten-Free Pantry All-Purpose Flour®
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste or extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups freshly grated carrot
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated organic orange rind
- Combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a large bowl; cream together with an electric mixer until smooth. Add vanilla and egg; mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir until combined. Gently press grated carrot between paper towels to slightly dry. Add carrot to dough mixture; mix until combined. Cover and chill for 10 minutes.
- While dough chills, preheat oven to 350°.
- Scoop leveled 1-tablespoon measurements of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Flatten slightly with fingers (lightly oiled fingers will keep dough from being sticky).
- Bake, in batches, at 350° for 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Allow cakes to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, honey, powdered sugar and orange rind in a medium bowl.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture evenly over the bottom of a cooled cake. Top with another cake to make a sandwich. Repeat with remaining frosting and cakes.
Yield: 18 Whoopie pies.