- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, shaved or chocolate
chips, chopped in a food processor
- 8 eggs, separated
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 cups almond flour
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (or 1-1/4 cups chips)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and line a 9 x 12 pan with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in yolks.
- Whip whites until soft peaks form. Add shaved chocolate and almond flour to butter and sugar mixture.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Remove parchment and return the cake to the pan.
For the chocolate ganache topping
- Heat cream in small saucepan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil and pour over chocolate chips. Whisk until smooth.
- Cool slightly and pour over cake.
Serves 25 – 30 (cake is very rich)
* I made it a chocolate chip cake by adding the chocolate chips to the batter whole instead of chopped. It’s good either way!