- 1 1/2 cups Betty Crocker® All-Purpose Gluten Free Rice Flour Blend
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Betty Crocker® All-Purpose Gluten Free Rice Flour Blend
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°. Spray bottom only of 9-inch square pan.
- For Crust, in medium bowl, stir together 1 1/2 cups flour blend, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and the xanthan gum. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through mixture in opposite directions), until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Add water, 1 teaspoon at a time, tossing with fork, until crumbly. Press dough in bottom of pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or just until set.
- For Filling, in medium bowl, stir together all ingredients except powdered sugar with whisk until blended. Pour over hot crust.
- Bake 23 to 28 minutes longer or until filling no longer jiggles when pan is moved. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 2 hours. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving. Cover and refrigerate any remaining lemon squares.