- 1 cup Gluten-free Flour (I used a mix of sorghum flour, cornstarch, tapioca flour and corn flour)
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz chocolate chips
- nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, blend the flour mix, xanthan gum and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, cream the butter and peanut butter. Gradually add both sugars, beating on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in the flour and mix until well blended. Add the vanilla and chocolate chips.
- You could also add pecans or another nut if desired.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool before cutting into bars.
Makes 3 dozen bars.