Makes 8-9 inch double crust or 10 inch single
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 4 Tablespoons water
- Combine flour and salt in bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture is uniform and very fine. Sprinkle water over this mixture, a tablespoon at a time tossing lightly with a fork. Work dough into two firm balls.
- Refrigerate one while working on the other.
- Roll dough about 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured (gf) surface.Hint – roll out on slightly floured plastic wrap and cover with plastic wrap, makes gf flour easier to place in pie plate. Place in pie plate and trim even with edge of plate. Add filling. Roll other half of dough in same manner and place over filling.
- Fold over edge of bottom crust and flute to seal.Cut small steam vents in top crust.
- Bake at temperature required for filling.
This recipe was taken from a Crisco® can many years ago and adapted to be gluten-free. It is very flaky.