Perfect dessert for summertime BBQ season, served on a sugar crusted tea biscuit.
- Ingredients for Tea Biscuit:
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine (cold) (70g)
- 1 ½ cups Kinnikinnick® All Purpose Flour Blend (312g)
- ¼ cup +1 tTablespoon (divided) granulated sugar (50g+12g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (gluten-free) (3g)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda (gluten-free) (1g)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (2g)
- 1 egg (56g)
- ½ cup 14% sour cream (123g)
- 2 Tablespoon 2% milk (24g)
- Ingredients for Filling:
- 1 pint strawberries (thinly sliced) (357g)
- 500ml 33% cream (whipped) (476g)
- 2 Tablespoons icing sugar (gluten-free) (16g)
- Preheat oven to 400°(204°C) line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine Kinnikinnick® All Purpose Flour Blend, baking soda, baking powder, ¼ cup granulated sugar and salt. With a pastry knife cut butter into flour mixture until mixture is stringy and butter is coated with flour.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, egg and milk. Mix until combined.
- Create a well in the middle of flour mixture and add liquid. Mix with a fork until just combined.
- Scoop tea biscuits onto prepared pan and flatten slightly. Sprinkle tops with remainder of granulated sugar.
- Bake at 400° F for 12-14 minutes until edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Yields 12 tea biscuits
- Filling and Assembly:
- Whip whipping cream and icing sugar together until stiff.
- Cut prepared tea biscuit in half (lengthwise). Fill with sliced strawberries and whipping cream. Place tea biscuit top on and decorate with a swirl of whipping cream and sliced strawberry.