- 12 oz. gluten-free pasta of choice
- ½ pound bulk mild Italian sausage
- ½ pound ground beef
- 2–3 cloves of garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 (24-25 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded organic mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Add ground beef and sausage to a skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Using a spatula, break up the meat so it cooks quickly and evenly. Add optional garlic and cook until meat is no longer pink. Drain fat from meat, if needed.
- Transfer meat mixture to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon or spatula.
- While meat is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add pasta and cook 10-11 minutes or until al dente (pasta should be slightly firm or it will become mushy when baked – and even a little more al dente if you plan to freeze it). Drain pasta and pour into the greased pan.
- Add meat, Italian seasoning, marinara sauce and 2/3 cup cheese to the pan with the noodles. Stir gently. Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup cheese.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove foil for the last 10 minutes to allow cheese on top to melt.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil, if desired.