- 1/2 pound(s) baby red potatoes, each cut in half
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 4 medium (about 1 1/4 pounds) skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup(s) (about half 10-ounce bag) matchstick-think carrots
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy or whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried tarragon, crumbled
- 1 cup(s) tiny frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon(s) margarine or butter
- Tarragon sprigs for garnish
In 5-quart Dutch oven, place potatoes with water to cover; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 12 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. While potatoes are cooking, in non-stick 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook 6 minutes. Turn chicken over. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 8 minutes longer or until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced with knife. Transfer chicken to plate; keep warm.
To same skillet, add carrots, broth, cream, and dried tarragon; cover and cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until carrots are tender. Remove skillet from heat and stir in peas.
Coarsely mash potatoes with margarine and remaining salt and pepper.