- cooking spray
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup half & half cream
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 35°. Spray a pie dish with oil.
- Steam the chopped broccoli florets in the microwave with 1 tablespoon water until tender crisp and green but not mushy, about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- Evenly spread the broccoli in the dish and top it evenly with the grated cheddar cheese.
- Make the custard mixture by whisking together the milk, half and half, eggs, salt, black pepper, and the nutmeg. Pour the custard into the dish and bake 35 to 40 minutes, until the center is set.
- Cut the quiche into 6 pieces and serve.