- 1 Canyon Bakehouse® Rosemary & Thyme Focaccia bread
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- ½ large pear, cored and sliced
- ¼ cup chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- 2 ounces Manchego cheese, sliced into thin, 2-3 inch wide pieces
- ¾ cup baby arugula
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, cover and cook over medium-low, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Add the sugar, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 10 more minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Place focaccia on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Arrange caramelized onions, pear slices, Manchego cheese and hazelnuts evenly on top.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until the cheese has softened and is bubbly.
- Top with arugula.
- Cut into four wedges and serve warm.