- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon base (we used Better than Bouillon)
- black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 apple, cored and cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3″ pieces
- 1 cup instant white rice
- Greek yogurt and chopped cilantro, for serving
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the tomatoes (and their juices), ginger, curry, garam masala, bouillon base, 1 cup water, and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper.
- Add the garlic, carrots, onion, apple, lentils, and chicken; toss to combine. Cook, covered, for 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Ten minutes before serving, stir in the rice. Turn the slow cooker on high (if it’s on low), cover, and continue cooking until the rice is tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt and cilantro, if desired.