- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground lean turkey or lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced (I used one yellow and one orange)
- 1 small zucchini, cut into quarters
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup kidney beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked gluten-free elbows
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 (14oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 oz) can mild diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 2/3 – 1 21/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Instant Pot
- Set Instant Pot to saute and when it’s hot, add in the olive oil, then saute the ground turkey or beef until nearly cooked through.
- Add in onions, bell peppers, and saute for a couple minutes until fragrant and veggies begin to soften. Then add in garlic and zucchini, cooking for an additional minute. Be sure to scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pot and deglaze with a few tablespoons of water or broth (¼ cup for 8 quart) if necessary.
- Mix seasonings and salt into tomato sauce, then set aside.
- Layer beans then pasta over the meat and veggie mixture, but do not mix.
- Top with diced tomatoes, then pour tomato sauce and spices on top. Again, do not mix.
- Set Instant Pot for 3 minutes. After cook time, do a quick release.
- When it’s safe to open the lid, give your chili mac a good stir, then add in desired amount of cheddar cheese. Garnish with fresh cilantro.