- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup store-bought salsa
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small stalk leeks, cleaned and chopped
- 1 can (15-oz) refried beans
- 1 can (2.25-oz) sliced ripe olives, drained and divided
- 1 bag white corn tortilla chips
- 2 (8-oz) packages Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (15-oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup scallions, diced
- Sour cream (optional garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 375° Lightly grease a 9” x 13” baking dish; set aside.
- Cook the pork and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat until the pork is brown and cooked through; drain. Return the pork and garlic to the skillet and set the heat to medium-low. Add the water, salsa, jalapeños, leeks, refried beans, and 1/4 cup olives. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Place 1/3 of the tortilla chips in the prepared baking dish. Top with 1/3 of the meat mixture and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat the layers twice.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is slightly browned.
- Top with the diced tomatoes, remaining olives, and the scallions. After 5 minutes, cut the casserole into large squares and serve each slice with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.