- Pizza Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup strained puréed tomatoes (passata)
- 2 Canyon Bakehouse® Plain bagels, split
- 1 cup lactose free mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 green pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- Pizza Sauce:
- Heat oil in saucepan set over medium heat. Add garlic, oregano and hot pepper flakes; cook for 1 minute or until garlic is soft.
- Add tomato paste; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in strained pureed tomatoes. Bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place bagels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread 2 tbsp tomato sauce over each bagel. Reserving remaining sauce for another use. Top with cheese, red and green peppers and onions.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish pizzas with fresh chopped basil.
Tip: In a pinch, use store-bought pizza sauce.