- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled, diced fine
- 1 teaspoon chili powder – mild or hot
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 28 oz can crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar or agave necter
- 1 splash of balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and gently saute the onion and spices for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, sugar, vinegar, and cilantro, stir and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook 15-20 minutes.