- 2 cups water
- ½ cup dry quinoa, rinsed and drained in fine mesh sieve
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 ½ cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced red apple
- 6 ounces oven roasted turkey breast, chopped
- 2 ounces pecan pieces, toasted
- ½ cup dried apricot halves, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro(optional)
- 1 to 1 ½ teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Stir in quinoa reduce heat to medium low, cover & simmer 15 to 20 minutes then drain through fine mesh sieve, shaking off excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large non-stick skillet , over medium high heat. Cook onions 5 minutes or until beginning to richly brown. Stir in bell pepper, and apple and cook 4 minutes or until apple is just crisp-tender. Add turkey and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat , stir in quinoa and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes to absorb flavors.
Makes 4- 1 cup servings