- 5 cups cubed peeled baking potatoes
- 1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- vegetable cooking spray
- 4 cups tightly packed very thinly presliced green cabbage
- 1 cup finely chopped deli corned beef (about 1/4 pound) *I have used Carl Buddig brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 cup nonfat Thousand Island Dressing (try Kraft)
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) preshredded Swiss Cheese, divided
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; add water to cover, and bring to boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until very ternder; drain well
- Combine potatoes, sour cream, and the next three ingredients in a bowl, and beat at medium speed of a mixer for 2 minutes or until smooth. Set aside
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat until hot, add cabbage, corned beef,S and caraway seeds and saute´ for 4 minutes or until cabbage wilts. Remove from heat; stir in dressing. Set aside.
- Spread half of potato mixture in the bottom of an 11×7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.; top with cabbage mixture, and sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350° F for 40 minutes or until golden.
- Make ahead tips: You can assemble the casserole up to 8 hours ahead of time; cover and chill. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking.