- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups pizza or spaghetti sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Grease a round or rectangle (11X19 inch) pizza pan and set aside.
- Prepare rice as directed on package.
- Directly after rice is cooked add 1 cup mozzarella cheese and the 2 slightly beaten eggs. Stir well to blend all ingredients and melt the cheese.
- Spread rice mixture evenly on greased pan.
- Bake rice mixture for only 20 min. at 425°.
- Remove baked rice crust from oven. Spread sauce evenly over crust and sprinkle with grated cheese and the remaining cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Return pizza to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes or until sauce is hot and cheese is melted.
- For variety try: onions and peppers, mushrooms, pepperoni or sausage or browned drained ground round.