- 1 (15 1/2 oz) can pink or red salmon
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups cooked, brown rice
- 2 egg whites (or one egg)
- 1/2 Tbsp dillweed
- 1/2 Tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp tarragon
- 1/2 cup potato flour or, if preferred, rice
- Drain the salmon, and remove the skin and bones. Place salmon in a bowl.
- Put the other ingredients, except the potato flour, in a food processor or blender, and process for a few minutes to chop rice and onions.
- Transfer processed contents to the bowl and mix in the potato flour.
- Form into patties and arrange them on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered in a 450 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with Mustard-Yogurt topping.
- Makes 12 patties
Mustard – Yogurt Topping
Dijon-style mustard and yogurt are the basic ingredients in two versions of a mustard-yogurt topping. The toppings may be used with baked potatoes, as a dressing over fish, or cooked vegetables, or as a sandwich spread.
1 cup yogurt (1% or less fat, by weight)
2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dillweed
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Mix well.
- Makes about 1 cup.