- 2 large egg whites
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 5-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon. olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small red chili, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small head red cabbage (about 1 1/4 lbs.), cored and finely shredded
- 2 large carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup small fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat oven to 425°.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg white with ½ tsp salt until combined. Dip the chicken in the egg white, letting any excess drip off, then coat in the sesame seeds; transfer to a plate.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the oil, then the chicken, and cook until the side touching the skillet is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken, then transfer the skillet to the oven and roast until the chicken is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, ginger, honey, and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper; stir in the chili. Toss the cabbage and carrots in the dressing to coat, then fold in the cilantro.
- Serve with the chicken.