- 5-6 medium zucchini(2 1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound raw shrimp (21-25 count), peeled and deveined, tails left on if desired
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Using a spiral vegetable slicer or a vegetable peeler, cut zucchini lengthwise into long, thin strands or strips. Stop when you reach the seeds in the middle(seeds make the noodles fall apart).Place the zucchini “noodles” in a colander and toss with salt. Let drain for 15-30 minutes, then gently squeeze to remove any excess water.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and 1 Tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add shrimp and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Whisk broth and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add to shrimp along with wine, lemon juice and capers. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp is just cook through, 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat the remaining 1 Tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini noodles and gently toss until hot, about 3 minutes. Serve shrimp and sauce over the zucchini noodles, sprinkle with parsley.