- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 packaged taco seasoning mix, divided (read label)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz thousand island dressing
- 1/3 cup sugar (or less)
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 bag tortilla chips, crushed
- Brown hamburger and drain grease.
- Put 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning in a small bowl for dressing and add the rest to the hamburger and stir with water.
- Chop lettuce and place in large bowl.
- Add onions, tomatoes, kidney beans and cheese, in that order. Cover and refrigerate.
- In small bowl containing reserved taco seasoning, add the thousand island dressing, sugar, and salsa.
- Toss salad with dressing. Add hamburger and taco chips when ready to serve.