- 1 can (13.5 oz) pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup instant rice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 6 Maraschino cherries, diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Drain pineapple, pouring syrup into a glass measuring cup. Add enough water to reach 1 1/4 cups. Pour into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil
- Add rice and salt. Cover. Remove from heat and let stand 4 minutes.
- Stir in cherries and pineapple.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Combine cream and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat until stiff. Fold with marshmallows into chilled rice.
Makes 6-8 servings