- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Chopped fresh herbs such as tarragon or thyme
- Rinse the quinoa under cold running water until it runs clear.
- Place the quinoa in a pot. Add 2 cups water, bay leaf and sea salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat so the water is simmering, cook until the quinoa is tender, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand, covered, 10-20 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Just before serving, fold in the sesame oil and nuts.