- 4 cups GF chicken broth, divided
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cans (4 oz. each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained (optional)
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- Fresh sage and thyme, optional
- In a saucepan, bring 3-1/2 cups broth and rice to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until tender.
- In a skillet, sauté onion and celery in margarine until tender.
- Stir in rice, mushrooms, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, and remaining broth.
- Pour into a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with sage and thyme if desired.