- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup minced onions
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 1 1/3 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In skillet, melt butter. Add onions, celery; sauté till tender – about 3 minutes.
- Add rice, rest of ingredients; toss.
- Stuffs neck and body cavity of 4-lb. bird or can be transferred to a loaf pan.
- Can be made in multiples for larger bird.If cooking separately, dot with butter before cooking in a 325° oven for 45 minutes.
Serves about 6.