- 1/4 cup beef drippings from roast
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour blend (try Bob’s Red Mill®)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- While your roast is resting, covered, prepare the Yorkshire Pudding.
- Heat oven to 450°
- Place hot pan drippings in 9-inch pan; place pan in oven and heat until hot.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, milk, salt and the eggs and whisk just until smooth.
- Pour batter into pan of drippings.
- Bake 18 to 25 minutes or until puffy and golden brown (pudding will puff during baking but will deflate shortly after being removed from oven).
- Cut pudding into squares; serve immediately.
This is a bread and not actually a “pudding”. Traditionally it’s served with a beef roast such as prime rib, and the drippings are used in the recipe. If you aren’t making a roast, or you don’t have enough drippings, you can use butter in place of some or all of the fat.