- 1-1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup yellow onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 (14.5-oz) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 10 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed, shredded into pieces
- Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the green onions, carrots, onions, celery, and tomatoes and cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the black pepper, dried cilantro, and cumin and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock, add the quinoa, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and cook for 5 more minutes.