- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions 1 onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery 2 stalks
- 1 cups chopped carrots 2 carrots
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeds/ribs removed and minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 14 oz canned crushed tomatoes you may have to use 1/2 of a 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 6 6-inch white corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- juice of 1 lime
- Toppings: sliced avocado, sour cream, grated cheese, and tortilla chips
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot® and let preheat for 1-2 minutes. Add the avocado oil, onion, celery, carrots and jalapeno. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables start to soften. Stir in the garlic, spices and salt.
- Add the chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, corn tortillas and chicken. Close the Instant Pot® and press MANUAL (or high pressure) and set timer for 7 minutes. When the time is up let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before releasing the rest of the steam.
- Take out the chicken breast and shred with a fork. Add back to the soup. Stir in the cilantro and lime juice.
- Serve with toppings of choice.