- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 4 oz lean turkey sausage (See Note)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup diced apple (I use gala)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot over high heat. Add quinoa. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 12 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Cook sausage in a large pot of simmering water for 10-20 minutes depending on the thickness.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray. Transfer sausage to skillet and cook until lightly browned on all sides.
- Transfer sausage to cutting board and cut into medallions.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Toss with desired dressing. (I use Trader Joe’s Fat Free Balsamic Vinaigrette.)
- Serves 2
NOTE: If the sausage you use is precooked, just slice and saute.