Savor one of fall’s favorite flavors with an incredibly easy and delectable recipe. Simply place ingredients in an oven to roast, puree them with broth, serve, and top with delicious sage infused croutons for an irresistible comforting meal.
- Sage Croutons:
- 6 slices Udi’s ®Whole Grain Bread
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup:
- 3 pound butternut squash, halved and seeded
- 2 large shallots, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 carrot, halved
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Slice bread into 1/4 thick inch sticks. In a large bowl, toss bread with melted butter, sage, and salt. Arrange evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, tossing halfway through, until toasted. Set aside until needed.
- Coat squash, shallots, garlic, and carrot with olive oil. Place squash cut side down on a baking sheet along with the remaining vegetables. Place in the oven and roast for 45 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Using a large spoon, scoop the meat from the butternut squash, discarding the skin, and place in a blender along with the shallots, garlic cloves, carrot, and 4 cups of broth. Puree until very smooth, about 1 minute. Depending on the size of your blender, you may need to do this in two batches.
- Transfer to a large pot over medium-high heat and add remaining broth and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve and top with croutons.