- 1 large head lettuce
- 1 small onion, diced or use red onion
- 1-2 carrots, diced small or grated
- 1 bag frozen peas
- 1 rib celery, diced optional
- mayonnaise to cover entire salad
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl or 9 x 13 pan, layer lettuce, onion, carrots, peas, (can add celery).
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise to cover entire salad and seal out air.
- Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Sprinkle salt & pepper and then Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Top with cheddar cheese and bacon before serving.
Notes: If you forget to make this the night before, mix dressing ingredients together and add a Tablespoon or 2 of water and spread on salad.