- 3 slices crisp-cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped baby spinach
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1-1/2 tablespoons nonfat mayonnaise
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large cucumber
- Minced parsley or green onion (optional)
- Combine bacon, lettuce, spinach, tomato and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Peel cucumber. Trim off ends and slice in half lengthwise. Use spoon to scoop out seeds; discard seeds.
- Divide BLT mixture between cucumber halves, mounding in hollowed areas.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Cut into 2-inch pieces.
Make these snacks when cucumbers are plentiful and large enough to easily hollow out with a spoon. You may make these up to 12 hours ahead of time and chill until serving.