- 1/4 cup bean flour (from Authentic Foods)
- 3 Tablespoons tapioca flour
- 3 Tablespoons potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup yellow or white cornmeal
- 2 Tablespoons sugar or 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup buttermilk or 2 teaspoons cider vinegar plus enough milk (cow, rice, soy or nut) to make 2/3 cup
- 2 tablespoons canola, safflower or other oil
- Coat 8×4 inch or 8 inch round or square nonstick pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In medium bowl, combine flours, xanthan gum, cornmeal, sugar (or honey), baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in center. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg, buttermilk, and oil until well blended.
- Add egg mixture all at once to dry mixture, stirring just until moistened. Batter will be consistency of thick cake batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until top is firm and edges are lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
- (You may also bake the corn bread in 6-muffin tins for 20-25 minutes.)