- 11/2 cups fresh or frozen fruit
- 18 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla, almond, or lemon extract
- 1/2 cup fruit preserves, jam, or marmalade
- 2 sheets frozen GF puff pastry, thawed in refrigerator
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Thaw fruit if frozen. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese with a mixer on medium until smooth. Beat in sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla. In a small bowl stir together fruit and preserves.
- On a lightly floured(use GF or cornstarch) roll one puff pastry sheet into a 101/2 inch square. (Keep other sheet chilled.) Cut into 9 31/2 inch squares; place on a baking sheet. Prick with a fork to within 1/2 inch of edges. Combine egg and 1 Tablespoon of water; brush overaquares. Spread each square with 1 Tablespoon cream cheese mixture; top with about 11/2 Tablespoon fruit mixture.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden. Remove; let cool on wire racks. Repeat with remaining puff pastry.
- Makes 18.