- 3 large zucchini
- 2 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 pounds chicken breast
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3/4 cup half-and-half (or whole milk)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan (plus more for serving)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Make zucchini “pappardelle”: Using a vegetable peeler, peel zucchini lengthwise to create long, thin strips. Lay flat on a paper towel-lined baking sheet until ready to use.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Season both sides of chicken chicken breasts with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and cook until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into strips.
- Add remaining tablespoon olive oil to the skillet. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute, then add half-and-half and cream cheese and cook, stirring often, until cream cheese is melted. Add Parmesan, then season with salt and pepper and simmer until the sauce has thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Fold in cooked chicken, zucchini pappardelle and parsley.
- Serve immediately.