- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 3/4 c green pepper diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 potatoes, sliced thin can use sweet potatoes
- 2 carrots, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes or stewed tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- In a 9×11 pan. Brown meat, onion and green pepper.
- Layer potatoes, carrots, rice and then meat and pour tomatoes on top. Mix brown sugar with water and pour over casserole.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350° oven for 1 hour.