- 8 large chick thighs (I like bone-in but I take the skin off)
- 1/2 cup ground mustard
- 1/4 cup honey 1 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1.5 pounds baby potatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme
- In a small bowl, mix together mustard, honey, salt, pepper, garlic, and oil and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Add the baby potatoes and carrots to the bottom of the slow cooker. Place chicken thighs on top of the potatoes. Spoon mustard sauce over the chicken thighs, covering each one. Sprinkle with some fresh thyme.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours, until chicken is cooked through and tender. With 30 minutes remaining in the cook time, add the green beans and spoon some of the mustard sauce from the bottom of the pot over the beans so they aren’t dry. Serve when beans are tender.
Notes Home Chef Tip: Chicken thighs add a lot more flavor than chicken breasts in this recipe and they always come out super moist and juicy! They also tend to be much cheaper at the grocery store which is a win-win!