- 4 cups GF chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 12-16 oz fresh kale, stemmed and cut/torn into pieces
- Bring 2 cups of GF chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add quinoa, garlic and olive oil, then reduce heat and cover. Simmer about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Remove from heat, let stand covered 5 – 10 minutes.
- Bring 2 cups of GF chicken broth and the kale to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain kale, reserving broth.
- Mix kale and quinoa together and place in a serving dish.
- Optional – add bite size pieces of grilled chicken, turkey, beef, pork and/or sautéed vegetables.
- Save kale broth to use in soups or stews.