- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers (such as RO*TEL®
- 1 envelope gluten-free taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir quinoa and onion in the hot oil until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeno pepper to quinoa mixture and cook until garlic is fragrant and slightly softened, 1 or 2 more minutes.
- Mix undrained can of diced tomatoes with green chiles, taco seasoning mix, and chicken broth into quinoa mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until liquid has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in cilantro.