- 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 14 oz. can cannellini or black beans, rinsed
- 2 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed thoroughly or pre-washed
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place olive oil, onion, green pepper, and celery into slow cooker, and cook 15-20 minutes on high power.
- Add tomatoes, beans, broth, quinoa, salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic.
- Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Cover, and reduce heat to low.
- Cook 2-3 hours until ingredients are tender.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.