- 3 chicken breast halves
- 1 onion quartered
- 1 tomato quartered
- 1 cup carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- Fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley
- whole peppercorns
- kosher salt
- Place all ingredients in crockpot and fill with water.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours
- Throw out all the vegetables, strain the liquid and remove the chicken for other recipes (chicken salad or shredded chicken)
- Store stock in containers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or freeze for several months.
- When the stock is chilled, remove fat from top of broth.